Zazz's George MacDonald to Lead Presentation at IWBS 2011
Wed, Oct. 19 03:17 PM
This year at the 2011 International Workboat Show, our very own George MacDonald will be leading an hour-long session titled “Extending the Life Cycle and Performance of Diesel Engines”.
His session will take place on Wednesday, November 30, 2011, from 4:00PM to 5:00PM. Be sure to arrive early!
George’s session will clarify methods for obtaining the volume of air necessary for peak diesel engine performance, including:
• Calculating the amount of cooling air required for optimum combustion air temperature
• Methods of reducing engine compartment moisture content
• Controlling engine compartment air pressure using automation
• Methods and formulas for determining accurate calculations of proper combustion air volume
• BTU calculations to predict engine compartment temperatures
• Utilizing computational fluid dynamics (CFD), computer design and simulation to illustrate how impingement filters remove moisture from engine compartment combustion air
• Discussion of automatic control of engine compartment air pressure and temperature.
Also, be sure to stop by the Zazz Engineering booth at the show this year! We’ll be in booth #2259. See you there!